The mark of a safe and effective cyclist is to show respect for and awareness of the surroundings, including weather, road conditions, and others using the road. We request all OHR riders to follow these basic guidelines:
• Wear an approved and properly-fitted helmet.
• Obey all traffic laws and stop at all stop signs
• Ride no more than two abreast
• Ride as far to the right of the road as safe to do so
• Move right and ride single-file when cars are behind you and need room to pass
• Use appropriate hand and verbal signals when turning or stopping
• Alert slower riders when you are passing on the left and do not pass on the right
• Observe whether an intersection is clear before crossing
• Do not wear headphones while riding
Please use safe practices and courtesy.